Today we announce the release of Collabtive 0.7.6.
It is the last release in the 0.7 series. It brings some new functionality, as well as bugfixes and security improvements.
- Removed the openID login code since it has not been functional for quite some time, and was based on a terribly outdated library. This posed a possible security risk due to bugs in openID 1.0
- Added a check to the installer to prevent it from being used once Collabtive has already been installed
- Improved filetype checking when uploading the user avatar, to prevent uploading of anything other than pictures
The focus of functional improvements for this release has been our filemanager.
It now has improved drag and drop support, improved display of the paths in the titlebar. It also gained a list view option in addition to the traditional grid view.
Have a look at the improvements here:
The uploading of files has also been greatly improved.
For browsers that can support it (that is not IE - tested with Chrome, Firefox) there is now a greatly simplified uploading form.
It uses HTML5 to make uploading multiple files really easy, and display a real progressbar when uploading.
Have a look:
Be sure to backup your database before doing an update.
Updating from earlier versions of Collabtive is supported using 6 steps:
- Unpack the Collabtive archive.
- Retrieve config.php from your server.
- Put your config.php in /config/standard/ in the folder where you unpacked the archive, replacing the blank one.
- Upload everything to your server, replacing any old Collabtive files.
- Point your browser to update.php.
- Delete install.php and update.php from your server.
If you use one of our Plugins - you need to re-install them after updating, and run update.php again.
All plugins purchased for Collabtive 0.7 (or 0.7.5) stay compatible with Collabtive 0.7.6
Collabtive 0.7.6 can be downloaded from the mirrors at our download page: