We have often been asked for a roadmap detailing the next development steps of Collabtive.
In the future i will therefore publish the roadmap for the next Collabtive release once it has been finalized.
Our development process works like this:
- Gather Bugreport
- Decide which new features should be in the next release
- Fix bugs and implement features
- Release new version
We have now finalized the agenda for the next release.
It will be called Collabtive 0.7.6
It will contain many bugfixes and also some new functionality.
New functionality planned for 0.7.6:
- Listview for the file manager (In addition to the current gridview)
- Improved, asynchronous file upload (for browsers that can support it)
For those interested, this is being developed here: https://github.com/philippK-de/5up.js
- General file manager improvements
- Improved single task view (will display timetracker for the task)
- Improved date formatting functionality (Sensible default formats, some general improvements)
- Improved structure for the settings table (this is not user visible)
- Improved XML/JSON API (still beta)
It will be the last release in the 0.7 series. All plugins purchased for Collabtive 0.7 and 0.7.5 will stay compatible with this release.
We hope to release Collabtive 0.7.6 in 6-8 weeks, although this can be subject to change.
The next release after 0.7.6 will be called Collabtive 0.8. It will bring major new functionality, as well as the usual assortment of bugfixes. It will be released in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2012.